商务社交:解决冲突 resolve conflict
Dialogue 1
A: What should we do when we find a shortage in the shipment?/航运中发现货物短缺时,我们该怎么办?
B: You could do either of the two things: you could lodge a claim on the ship owner or on the insurance company./你们可以选用以下两种方法之一:你们可以向船主提出索赔;或者向保险公司提出索赔。
A: Do brokers take care of that ?/经纪人处理这类事吗?
B: Yes, they usually do./是的,他们通常处理这类事。
A: Do they charge for that?/他们对此收费吗?
B: Yes, in Europe they charge a commission 1% of the amount of the claim for their services./会的。在欧洲,他们就其提供的服务收取索赔总额1%的佣金。
A: How about in China?/那在中国呢?
B: We do the work mostly according to the international laws./我们主要根据国际法来办。
商务社交:怎么进行表扬与批评
Dialogue 1
A: Jim, your idea really helped us a lot!/吉姆,你的点子真是帮了我们大忙了。
B: Thank you. This program is working really well./谢谢。这个程序进行很顺利。
A: Yes. You are a great programmer./是啊。你是个很好的程序员。
Dialogue 2
A: Did you read the business letter I wrote, Lisa?/我写的那封商业信你看这吗,莉莎?
B: Yes, I did./是的,我看过了。
A: Then what do you think about it? Are there any mistakes?/那么你觉得怎么样?有什么错误吗?
B: No mistakes at all, Linda. You have done it excellently./什么错误也没有,琳达,你写得非常好。
A: Really? Thank you!/真的吗?谢谢!
商务社交:向同事请求帮助ask help
Dialogue
A: Good morning, Linda. There'll be some people coming into our company tomorrow. Please make a detailed schedule for me for tomorrow./上午好,琳达。明天有几个人要来我们公司。请给我制定一份明天的详细日程表。
B: Who are they, Mr. Peter?/什么人,彼得先生?